Midwest Regional Carbon Initiative
A broad coalition of partners dedicated to the study of carbon storage and sequestration in the Midwest to Northeastern United States.
How Can I get Involved?
Sign up for our mailing list and be the first to know about upcoming events!
Learn Who Benefits from Midwest Regional Carbon Initiative (MRCI)
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions is hosting the Scaling Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR): Limitations and Potential webinar from
On August 4, Dr. Neeraj Gupta, co-principal investigator for the Midwest Regional Carbon Initiative, presented an overview of the work
Battelle-led Team Successfully Completes Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partnership CCUS Research
COLUMBUS, Ohio (June 15, 2021)—Battelle and its team of partners have successfully concluded the carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS)
Our Current Areas of Research
- Decatur, Illinois – MGSC Illinois Basin Decatur Project
- Champaign, Illinois – CarbonSAFE Illinois Basin
- Northern Michigan – CarbonSAFE Northern Michigan Basin
- Otsego County, Michigan – MRCSP Michigan Basin EOR
- Eastern Ohio – OCDO Geologic Characterization & EOR Projects
- Eastern Ohio – CarbonSAFE Central Appalachian Basin