Midwest Regional Carbon Initiative
A broad coalition of partners dedicated to the study of carbon storage and sequestration in the Midwest to Northeastern United States.
How Can I get Involved?
Sign up for our mailing list and be the first to know about upcoming events!
Learn Who Benefits from Midwest Regional Carbon Initiative (MRCI)
Democratic Senators Sheldon Whitehouse (RI) and Chris Coons (DE) recently introduced the Federal Carbon Dioxide Removal Leadership Act, legislation that
On Saturday, May 7, the MRCI occupied a corner of the Battelle booth at the COSI Big Science Celebration 2022.
The MRCI Team has been busy sharing research and knowledge on Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage at two recent conferences
Our Current Areas of Research
- Decatur, Illinois – MGSC Illinois Basin Decatur Project
- Champaign, Illinois – CarbonSAFE Illinois Basin
- Northern Michigan – CarbonSAFE Northern Michigan Basin
- Otsego County, Michigan – MRCSP Michigan Basin EOR
- Eastern Ohio – OCDO Geologic Characterization & EOR Projects
- Eastern Ohio – CarbonSAFE Central Appalachian Basin