Midwest Regional Carbon Initiative
A broad coalition of partners dedicated to the study of carbon storage and sequestration in the Midwest to Northeastern United States.
How Can I get Involved?
Sign up for our mailing list and be the first to know about upcoming events!
Learn Who Benefits from Midwest Regional Carbon Initiative (MRCI)
Battelle-led Team Successfully Completes Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Partnership CCUS Research
COLUMBUS, Ohio (June 15, 2021)—Battelle and its team of partners have successfully concluded the carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS)
In early 2021, a multi-disciplinary team representing some the nation’s leaders in research, industry, and technology concluded nearly 20 years
ADM and University of Illinois Announce Successful Completion of One Million Metric Ton Carbon Capture and Storage Project
ADM, a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company, and the
Our Current Areas of Research
- Decatur, Illinois – MGSC Illinois Basin Decatur Project
- Champaign, Illinois – CarbonSAFE Illinois Basin
- Northern Michigan – CarbonSAFE Northern Michigan Basin
- Otsego County, Michigan – MRCSP Michigan Basin EOR
- Eastern Ohio – OCDO Geologic Characterization & EOR Projects
- Eastern Ohio – CarbonSAFE Central Appalachian Basin